Media Relations Executive
A financial industry body is looking for a Media Relations Executive. The role reports in the Media Relations Manager and will be responsible for generating proactive coverage in print, broadcast and electronic media, nationally and in key international strategic markets.
Main responsibilities of role:
- Generate coverage in UK national media through the placing of stories, provision of comment, distribution of press releases, arranging interviews and drafting of features with individual journalists
- Generate coverage in international key media through liaison with regional offices and appropriate PR agencies in key strategic markets
- Monitor national and international media, blogs and online communities where professional issues are discussed. Identify suitable opportunities to intervene, preparing angles and quotes to be used as contributions
- Build a network of journalist contacts, particularly around the profession, audit, corporate finance, corporate governance, financial services, financial reporting, sustainability and IT; serve as an effective, efficient and service oriented contact for journalists escalating enquiries as appropriate to spokespeople or media relations team
- Help manage the newsroom pages on the website, ensuring it is up-to-date with the latest press releases and comment, manage monthly coverage reports for internal circulation and ensure stories and comments are posted to social media as appropriate
- Contribute to creative brainstorms and the development of media tactics to support strategy as required or directed by Media Relations Managers
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Apply for Media Relations Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Executive (In-House) Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Executive (In-House) Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services Executive (In-House) Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Executive (In-House) Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)