Social Media Officer (FTC 12 Months)
Cats Protection is the UK's leading feline welfare charity, helping around 200,000 cats and kittens every year through our network of 34 centres and over 250 volunteer-run branches
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Social Media Officer to join our Communications team where you will be supporting the Social Media Manager with the day to day running of Cats Protection social media profiles whilst delivering the brand values and meeting the social media strategy.
Main duties will include:
- To plan, create and publish content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in an audience-focused way while supporting Cats Protection strategies. Ensuring that all content is in line with brand guidelines and welfare policies
- Providing branches, adoption centres and shops with support and resources to help them achieve their own objectives and support national Cats Protection campaigns, managing agencies where appropriate
- Working with the Social Media Manager to provide social media training webinars for volunteers and employees
- Exploring new technologies and social media channels as they arise, assessing their suitability and identifying opportunities to use them to help Cats Protection achieve its core objectives
- Staying abreast of trends and news, harnessing relevant external activity to promote cat welfare messages in a way that is on message and appropriate to the brand
- Supporting the Social Media Manager with outreach: identifying, relationship building and working alongside bloggers, vloggers and social media influencers
- Working with the wider team to ensure that social media content is seamlessly integrated with wider campaigns
- Participating in the social media out-of-hours rota, responding to queries and dealing with or escalating potential reputational issues where necessary
- To upload and optimize Cats Protection’s YouTube videos
- Reporting on notable successes and learnings, using this to inform future content
- Dealing with ad hoc queries on social media best practice, moderation and reputation management in the Social Media Manager’s absence
- To attend team and departmental meetings and CP events when necessary
- Maintaining records of regional social media profiles, monitoring and reporting as appropriate
- Maintaining the social media section of Cats Protection’s extranet to ensure it’s always up-to-date with relevant documents and information
You will also need to have your own transport and be prepared to travel / stay overnight occasionally.
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of Social Media Officer, please apply via the button shown.