Senior Account Manager – Employee Engagement, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- We are looking for someone with previous internal communications experience, and further experience or in a broader communications role. We need someone who has worked in an agency environment before and understands how to deliver the best results for our clients.
- The role will be crucial in managing client accounts and projects, coordinating client relationships, and to help devise and manage strategic integrated communications campaigns.
- This role will focus on accounts within our Engagement practice, though the successful applicant will have opportunities to work with other teams across our integrated business, with a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- Giving broad-ranging creative and strategic advice to clients and teams on issues relating to specific client programmes
- Contribute strategy and solutions to Engagement and Corporate new business efforts and proactively introduce new ideas to improve our offering.
- Manage relationships with clients.
- Help to devise, manage and implement integrated communications strategies, solutions and plans.
- Confident dealing with external client contacts and providing day-to-day internal communication advice.
- Track issues in media, politics and spot engagement trends.
- Coordinate research.
- Research and draft proposals for clients.
- Respond quickly and accurately to client requests.
- Source and prepare internal communication audits including channel audits and produce written analysis for clients.
- Ensure all client work is completed on time and within budget
- Ensure accurate invoicing for all clients
- Leading in the management, analysis and evaluation of client campaigns
- Manage the work of more junior team members and work with the in-house design team.
- Coordinate the creation of digital content for clients to support campaign objectives.
- Familiar with, and a practical understanding of digital platforms.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong experience in a PR/communications agency is essential
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, managing your own work and that of others
- Previous experience in internal communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence clients and colleagues
- Enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of clients
- Actively participates in new business development, presentations and proposals and identifying prospects, and represents Portland in new business meetings.
What we offer in return:
- We are part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
- We have an unrivalled strategic and advisory council; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media, from a cabinet minister who have had roles including Secretary of State for Defence, an OBE who had director roles at British Airways, British Telecom and British Gas to a Political Editor of The Sun, and Director of Communications at No.10.
- Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so too do our people.
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture. We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes a wide range of employee benefits, such as our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every person that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Account Manager Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Government Senior Account Manager Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Senior Account Manager Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)