Senior Account Executive - Philanthropy, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with major foundations, NGOs, philanthropists and purpose-led businesses.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile individuals and some of the most exciting organisations in sustainable development.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to work for prestigious clients across the Philanthropy team.
- We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a team to implement communication strategies. The individual will require a good understanding of global development and the media and digital channels.
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies
- Monitoring major news announcements and relevant global development debates
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles to briefings and stakeholder letters
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media sell-ins
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
- Helping to organise and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and stakeholder or media contact programmes
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the media and global development is essential
- Experience of sustainable development, working in an agency setting, politics or campaigning is an advantage
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media is an advantage
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Education Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)