Medical Media Relations Officer
Medical public sector body is on the hunt for a media relations officer to promote the work and reputation of the body in the media, raising and managing its profile to ensure coverage of the organisation is balanced and well-informed.
The role will contribute, as part of a team, towards the efficient operation of the body media relations function to ensure the organisation provides a high quality service to journalists, broadcasters and internal stakeholders.
Candidates need to be able to demonstrate
- Proven media relations experience across broadcast, print and online media.
- Proven experience of developing, delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of media plans – incorporating key messages, tactics and target outlets.
- Proven experience of tailoring content appropriate to social media channels.
- Internal and external stakeholder relations.
- Proven ability to write effective news releases, articles and blogs and other media materials, conveying the appropriate key messages for the audience of target media.
- Evidence of creativity in identifying and delivering proactive opportunities for media stories.
- Ability to spot potential media issues, and to identify suitable tactics to solve them.
- Developing and delivering media activity to promote the body’s core statutory responsibilities, as well as for specific projects and campaigns.
- Identifying and exploiting proactive opportunities to promote the role of the body’s in the media.
- Advising colleagues, including senior managers, on media handling issues.
- Responding to media enquiries professionally and efficiently, ensuring all responses are appropriate.
- Forging and maintaining strong working relationships with key journalists.
- Contributing to the development of the body’s strategic media plan, and playing a key role in its delivery.
- Playing a key role in media monitoring and evaluation, both in relation to the body’s role and wider issues affecting the medical profession and healthcare.
For more information and to register with Black Cherry recruitment, please contact Helen Salt on Helen@blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk or 0161 228 7239 – for all our latest roles, visit www.blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk.