Communications and PR manager
As the media services division of Omnicom Group Inc., Omnicom Media Group’s agencies create end-to-end solutions for marketers, anywhere, swiftly and efficiently. We are comprised of the full-service media networks OMD, PHD and Hearts & Science, as well as several specialist communications companies. We offer unparalleled clout in the marketplace and a depth of capabilities and experience that drive leadership and innovation.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC), a leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company, provides services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. In the Middle East, we have over 700 employees in 24 offices and operate in 16 markets.
The big picture:
The communications and PR manager is accountable to the Regional Executive Director-Marketing for performing a range of tasks, including:
- Enhancing the perception of and affinity with our brands, be they corporate or personal, through the conceptualization, production and distribution of clear and engaging written and audio-visual material in print and digital, as well as through speaking engagements
- Assisting in the management of our digital platforms, including content creation and curation for several accounts
- Supporting the management of internal communications and major submission documents
- Monitoring, analyzing and improving the performance of our content and platforms to maximize their impact on our brand reputation
- Research and recommend opportunities to innovate in our communications with cutting-edge approaches or solutions
What you will do:
- Assist in the development and execution of the content strategy to support Marketing & Communications goals.
- Produce and disseminate impactful and engaging content to enhance the presence and reputation of our brands and key executives in media
- Identify relevant themes and develop content to create and deepen affinity with key audiences
- Define and execute the communication strategy for both corporate and personal brands, both for internal and external activities, through content creation and curation
- Manage multiple content calendars
- Produce engaging copy for social media, websites and blogs, maintain our digital platforms and track all relevant metrics
- Write/edit/proof-read case studies and brand content for presentations, submissions, newsletters, as well as internal communications
- Write/edit speeches for conference appearances by senior staff
- Produce effective copy for brand marketing material (print/digital), including video scripts
- Track and report on the performance of our content activity, using best practice to stimulate both traffic to our digital and social media platforms, and engagement levels with them
- Monitor and report competitive activity
- Report on our content and brand performance, interpreting relevant offline and digital metrics to propose ways to improve results
- Supervise all content management platforms and other creative resources
What you are expected to bring:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively and concisely in writing, with clear expression, excellent grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Commercial and editorial writing skills are essential, as well as proven editing/proof-reading experience
- Experience of writing for the web a must. Content creation skills (photo, video…) and ability to handle multi-media are a definite plus
- Solid understanding of and interest in the advertising/marketing/media industry and related issues is a plus, as is experience with content performance analytics
- At least three years of relevant PR/media/editorial experience, including social media, preferably in a B2B environment
- Understanding of and previous experience in personal branding and content strategy
- Talent for dealing effectively with people at all levels and friendly/positive/collaborative attitude are essential. An international mindset and/or experience is preferable.
- Strong attention to details, creative flair and numerical skills. Competence with Adobe system suite is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Mass communications or related field
Exceptional command of English essential
Arabic and French an asset
What we will provide:
- The opportunity to grow further working with a global and regional market leader and thought-leader
- A stimulating environment where people are inspired to do great work, learning and developing as professionals operating at the cutting-edge of marketing
- A superb company culture where people come first
- An excellent working environment, a Great Place to Work in the UAE since 2012
- Competitive remuneration and excellent benefits
- Fully developed CSR and wellness programs (yes, we have a gym and group classes)
- A competitive tax-free salary, year-round sunshine and a cosmopolitan lifestyle
Please be advised that due to the amount of applicants applying online you will only be contact by the Human Resources division if you are successfully shortlisted. When applying online please ensure to attach your CV and most recent writing examples for review. Thank you, Omnicom Media Group.