Head of Press and External Affairs
The Head of Press and External Affairs supports and promotes the LSO through effective relationships with the press and with external stakeholders.
You will be the primary media contact and enhance and elevate the image of the LSO locally, nationally and internationally, and raise awareness of the LSO’s mission, achievements and strategic direction; publicise activities, performances and recordings on LSO Live; raise the profile of the LSO’s role in music education through LSO Discovery and in the wider community through LSO St Luke’s, and execute the LSO’s day-to-day press and public relations activities, including facilitating and implementing local, national and international media relations.
You will also function as an LSO-embedded ‘reporter’, attending Barbican and LSO St Luke’s rehearsals and concerts and LSO Discovery activities, to collect and share vibrant LSO experiences of musicians, audiences and participants via traditional and online communications platforms.
Your responsibilities will be to deliver world-class, inspiring creative public relations that delivers the LSO’s key messages and engages external stakeholders.
It will be important that you liaise closely with the Marketing team, especially around social media; all the departments of the LSO and with the LSO Members; and with our external consultant on PR for Sir Simon Rattle and the Centre for Music.
For more information about this post, including a full job description and how to apply, please visit the LSO's jobs page.
More searches like this
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Entertainment / Leisure Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Retail / Wholesale Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Arts & Heritage Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)