PR Officer - London
SSAFA is the UK’s oldest national tri-service military charity. We are currently seeking two full time PR Officers to join our growing team, each reporting into a PR Manager.
About the role
We are looking for two proactive self-starters to work in a busy press office environment supporting the PR team in delivering SSAFA’s PR strategy, with a particular focus on raising our profile, improving understanding of our work and building relationships with key stakeholders both regionally and nationally.
While most activities will be PR-focussed, the two roles will be slightly different:
- One role will support our Case Study Manager and will spend a small part of their time concentrating on building and developing our library of Case Studies.
- One role will support our Head of PR and spend a small portion of their time supporting our public affairs outreach.
The two roles will both need to develop strong, collaborative relationships across the organisation, including with the volunteer network through branches, divisions and service committees. Successful applicants will build on their existing relationships with media and grow relationships within the third, military and social care sectors.
The PR, Marketing and Digital teams work closely together to build and deliver integrated campaigns across a variety of audiences, including national and regional activity.
To carry out this role successfully you will have:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Experience working in a busy press office, delivering consumer-facing campaigns
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, managing a varying workload and multiple stakeholders
- Experience of reporting and working with a media monitoring service such as Gorkana
- Demonstrable interpersonal, networking and communication skills
- Creative self-starter with good initiative, able to prioritise
For the Public Affairs role:
- Experience of working on Public Affairs campaigns advantageous
- Knowledge of local government, healthcare and social services desirable
For the Case Studies role:
- Ability to build relationships across the organisation and with a variety of beneficiaries essential
- Experience of case study work and strong written abilities
SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you have any queries or would like to speak to someone about this role, please contact Emily Garner or Victoria Randall on 020 7463 9321 for an informal discussion.
To apply, visit SSAFA’s website. Please state which of the two roles you will be applying for in your cover letter.
If you wish to apply for any of our vacancies you will be asked to answer some screening questions before completing an application form and uploading your CV.
Personal data to progress your application for employment is covered under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Article 6 Section 1b and Article 9 2b and c. Your details will not be used for any other purpose or shared with a third party without your permission.
Data on unsuccessful candidates will be retained for one year from the vacancy being filled. If you take up employment with us, your information will be held for the duration of your employment plus six full calendar years. Further details are contained in SSAFA’s Privacy Statement at https://www.ssafa.org.uk/hr-privacy-notice
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 7th October
Interviews: w/c Monday 15th October 2018
Please note that if you are invited to attend an interview you will be required to undertake a writing test as part of the selection process.
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service.