Social Media & Communications Manager - Estée Lauder Companies Travel Retail EMEA
Travel Retailing Europe Middle East & Africa wish to appoint a Social Media & Communications Manager reporting to the Communications Director, Travel Retail Worldwide. This role will be based in London.
The Travel Retail Worldwide Communications team supports all communications including, Corporate, Consumer PR, Social Media and Internal Communications for Estée Lauder Companies’ for more than 25 prestige beauty, skincare, fragrance and hair care brands within the Travel Retail channel.
In this role, the Social Media & Communications Manager will lead Consumer PR and Influencer communications for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region with a focus on engaging the traveling consumer through traditional and online consumer media as well as influencers. They will support all Travel Retail brand teams in EMEA and work in partnership with the Digital team to develop strategies and activations that successfully leverage Communications to drive awareness and conversion for ELC brands amongst travellers in EMEA. This position will manage a network of agencies and in-house resources to effectively reach and engage media contacts and influencers throughout the region.
The Manager will drive the regional PR calendar, day-to-day media and influencer relations, and signature Travel Retail social influencer events. In addition, they will serve as a strategic advisor to the Travel Retail teams on PR, Social and Communications trends within the region, developing a localized strategy that supports both regional and global business goals.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, self-starters with a passion for storytelling and a strong understanding of the communications and travel space in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Experience working within a highly matrixed, multinational organization with a regional viewpoint will be essential.
- Drive the Consumer PR and Influencer strategy for Travel Retail’s EMEA region to promote awareness and conversion amongst the traveling consumer in the region
- Partner with Travel Retail’s brand teams in EMEA to develop a regional PR and influencer strategy and annualized calendar to support their business needs
- Build a network of consumer media and influencer contacts within the region who become ambassadors for our brands within Travel Retail
- Assess, localize and adapt all global PR campaigns, press materials and product pushes to drive relevant results for the region
- Manage day-to-day Travel Retail media inquiries and influencer requests for EMEA and act as connector between TRWW Communications and regional brand teams
- Drive signature EMEA Travel Retail media and influencer events and ensure all Travel Retail events are executed to brand and channel standards
- Manage monthly PR and Social reporting for EMEA
- Manage regional PR budget in line with business needs
- Manage a network of agency and in-house resources to support regional business social media needs
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communications skills; knowledge of Chinese, Russian or Arabic a plus
- Proven track record creating compelling communications campaigns across traditional, digital and social media that drive strong business results in the EMEA region
- Strong consumer media and influencer contacts within the travel and/or beauty space in EMEA
- Experience managing and representing multiple brands and projects simultaneously in an agency or similar setting
- Strategic thinker who can manage stakeholders both internally and externally and balance their needs across regions and teams
- Passion for social and digital media, with a strong interest in leveraging influencers to create tangible business value
- Experience working across multi-language regions with a passion for the travel space
- Experience managing teams and agencies across geographies and time zones
- High degree of emotional intelligence; ability to navigate successfully in a highly matrixed global organization
- Creative strategic thinker and problem solver
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrates strong project management abilities
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with global colleagues
- Educated to degree level