Communications Account Director
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We’re looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Communications Account Director About Kin&Co
As a communications and culture consultancy that is built around purpose, values and sustainability, every single project we deliver at Kin&Co makes the world a little bit happier and healthier - it's why we come to work. We help companies find their purpose beyond profit and set of values, embed these in their strategy, culture and operations, then communicate transparently to the outside world.
A small company with big impact, Kin&Co is known for moving the needle on huge issues, through powerful, creative interventions. Our clients include leading tech and FMCG giants TripAdvisor, Danone, Grant Thornton, O2, global wildlife charity WWF and leading UK charities Joseph Rowntree Foundation and Crisis, and #ReuseRevolution pioneers (and fellow B Corp) KeepCup, alongside Mongoose Energy, A Blueprint for Better Business and Garden Day.
We are an extremely fast-paced company. We get stuff done. If you don’t like pressure, pace, ownership and the thrill of making exciting things happen on a daily basis, we’re not for you. At the same time, one of our values is Stay Playful - and although we’re busy, we put a big emphasis on fun and general wellbeing.
We are deeply, fire-in-belly passionate about creating positive social and environmental change - and at the same time we are unapologetically commercial. We believe that doing well should be synonymous with doing good.
About the role
We’re looking for a creative, dynamic and daring Account Director to help build our communications service. This role is a chance to join and build our fast-moving team of communications experts.
For this role, you’ll be a self-starter who spots opportunities and goes after them. You’ll have the experience to jump right into exciting, and sometimes delicate projects where you’ll be advising senior clients on communications strategy and positioning. You’ll be able to turn your hand to pioneering thought-leadership initiatives, a local content-led campaign, building a national movement rooted in behavioural psychology, or undertaking highly nuanced stakeholder engagement.
You are a stickler for detail, brilliant at nurturing client relationships and adapting to different types of project. You’ll be keeping an eye on the junior members of the team too, and giving your best advice to make sure we’re all performing at our best. As with all of our team, you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world and the curiosity to seek out new ways to do so.
As an Account Director, you’ll have the opportunity to help grow and build our Communications services with innovations and insights. If you thrive on finding, nurturing, and winning new business, this is the right place for you. We love creativity, passion and drive, and we’d love to see you taking initiative to grow our business.
You are bold, fearless and love trying new things, always learning and testing yourself. At Kin&Co we aren’t afraid to make mistakes - we want to break things to remake them better.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Five or more years experience in communications, predominantly in agencies
- Passion for making the world a better place, especially through purpose driven business
- Energy, excitement and drive to create change, with a positive can-do and will-do attitude
- Proven experience scoping, nurturing and winning new business
- Flair for coming up with creative ideas and ways of measuring impact
- Excellent at managing client relationships and securing organic growth
- Ability to problem solve and provide sound strategic counsel
- Ability to present confidently and concisely to a range of different audiences
- Adept at overseeing a number of projects from start to finish, and multi-channel savvy
- Strong networking skills - spots opportunities, enjoys going to events, and meeting people
- Willingness to get stuck in, and support other areas of the business where required
- A fast learner - ability to think laterally and apply clarity to projects outside of comfort zone
- Experience of managing teams made up of core team members, freelancers and partners
- High quality delivery in all elements of work - written communications, client management, presentation
- Salary: dependent on experience (£40k to £50k)
- Wednesday Break - to promote productivity and personal wellbeing our office closes at 1.30pm every Wednesday.
- 25 days holiday a year including office shut down at Christmas.
- Birthdays off!
- Tailored pension plan - we give 3% and you can give anywhere between 1% and 5%.
- Flexibility of working - we trust our team to work anytime, anywhere.
- The opportunity for fast growth, responsibility and ownership.
- A business environment that is genuinely built around people and where your voice and opinion will be actively listened to
- A tailored personal development plan, with MBTI assessment and skills and training sessions.
- A wellbeing plan (held annually in January) - includes a session with a coach to identify stress factors, self-care routines, assess big picture and create an action plan for better life balance.
Regular team stuff - monthly breakfasts, away days every year, exercise groups, etc. We’re a team of people that like to do brilliant work and have fun while we do it.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering note to Annabel (email@example.com) by end of day on 16th October.