Account Manager – Public Affairs & Policy, Top PR Agency, London, Great Bens
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
We think our people are the best in the business. Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- Are you passionate about politics and how policy gets made?
- Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways to political and media audiences alike?
- Do you enjoy the idea of coming up with exciting campaigns?
- Are you an excellent project manager with the ability to motivate teams to work together and achieve their best?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking an Account Manager to join our UK-focused corporate team to work on our public affairs accounts. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences, to their consumers.
Often, this will require you to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Helping to devise and deliver proactive and reactive political engagement strategies and campaigns
- Drafting a range of materials from online articles and copy to briefings and policy analysis
- Coordinating, managing and undertaking political monitoring and political engagement
- Organising and coordinating set piece events and running campaigns
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
- Managing multi-disciplinary client teams
- Supporting new business proposals and pitches
- Ensuring the successful day to day delivery of communications strategies and tactical plans
- Building a relevant network
- Supporting the growth of the business through marketing activity
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven with an excellent understanding of the political and public affairs landscape
- Ideally, you will have at least three to four years’ experience, gained either in-house or within an agency
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
Apply for Account Manager – Public Affairs & Policy, Top PR Agency, London, Great Bens
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Government Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)