Comms Manager - pan-European tech specialist. Hugely innovative, global, consumer electronics brand
My client is an iconic brand at the forefront of innovation in consumer electronics. It is now looking for a Communications Manager to lead pan-regional launch and lifecycle communications and campaigns for its full range of products and services across earned media channels. Someone who excels at understanding how to communicate the benefits of technology in the context of people’s everyday life.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will be part of newly integrated European brand & communications team. The team aims to excite and engage audiences of influence (from customers and partners to media, analysts and social media superstars) through communications, interactions and experiences that bring to life the everyday benefits of its mobile, consumer electronics and B2B portfolios.
The are three core strands to this role, all focused on servicing European markets:
1) maximising the impact of set-piece launch moments, including a new product introduction schedule
2) acting as a knowledge and expertise hub for messaging, as well as handling crisis & issues comms
3) developing bespoke campaigns and content across European markets, in collaboration with the retained agency
There is a separate dedicated UK PR team, therefore this is not a role that will be heavy on media relations day to day. There will be some top tier media and analyst relations work, but this role is more about regional campaign and content development, and storytelling that is closely aligned with the global corporate narrative. Helping to make this global brand more relevant to European consumers through earned media.
Naturally the role requires someone with an understanding of, and interest in, the technology sector. What's of particular interest is people who have helped take brands out of their heartland and into new areas of coverage, through creative storytelling. People who really know how to develop and sell a story.
Key criteria include:
- a tech specialist, ideally with a mix of B2C and B2B experience
- experience of driving campaigns across international markets
- the creative thinking to bring outstanding concepts to market
- the tenacity to secure buy-in from global, regional and local stakeholders to drive communications strategy, execution and amplification across multiple markets
- a true believer in integrated marketing communications who can work with teams spanning consumer insights, category marketing, campaign management and digital experiences to deliver clear and compelling external communications initiatives
- adaptable and able to work in a multinational, complex, corporate environment
- excellent written skills
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Please note - this role is based outside of central London. The expectation is that you will be there more often than not during a given week. However, with agency meetings, launches and frequent travel to Europe, the team is realistic about where people will be, as long as the work is being driven forward. There are regular fast trains from central London and a shuttle from the closest station in the mornings and evenings.