International Communications Executive - London
BNY Mellon Investment Management is the world’s largest multi-boutique asset manager with US$1.9 trillion in assets under management. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that’s access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, stability and reassurance or quality insights for better informed decisions. We focus on what matters most to each of our clients.
As a firm relentlessly investor driven and committed to helping people reaches their financial goals, we are invested in a multi-boutique model. We bring together world-class investment specialists, global distribution and operational excellence, to connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
In tune with our clients and in touch with the world, we’re a business with a proven history, yet designed for the demands of the 21st century.
BNY Mellon IM’s investment specialists include Alcentra, ARX, BNY Mellon Asset Management North America, Insight Investment and Newton Investment Management.
The international communications role sits within a high paced, effective and proactive international communications function, which is responsible for all communications and reputation management (at a corporate and boutique level) across EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America for BNY Mellon Investment Management. The role predominantly supports the EMEA communications managers and the associate director of communications for Asia Pacific, as well as working closely with the North America communications team.
- Quickly develop an understanding of the business, our investment boutiques, strategic priorities and focus funds, as well as the how the international communications team fits within this
- Liaise closely on a daily basis with the EMEA communications managers and the Asia Pacific associate director.
- Support the EMEA communications managers on day-to-day media relations as well as supporting them to manage a large international PR agency network.
- Build in depth knowledge of on-line and off-line media including institutional, intermediary and national press.
- Draft and distribute proactive and reactive investment and market commentaries, as well as press releases, to target media under the guidance of the EMEA communications managers and the Asia Pacific associate director.
- Co-ordinate forward features and contributed articles to ensure we are in the right articles within the right target media
- Build strong relationships and network with colleagues, internal clients and the media
- Assist in proactively pitching stories to media to generate targeted coverage.
- Actively and regularly monitor the media including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, the web and blogs, for opportunities for our spokespeople and to develop as an expert within the business on investment management industry news.
- Identify interesting and relevant news articles, which should be circulated to the wider business.
- Support the EMEA communications managers and Asia Pacific associate directors with any crisis and issues management, where appropriate.
- Provide the business with daily press cutting summaries.
- Collate, analyse and evaluate media coverage as well as prepare and manage regular internal reporting that is shared with senior management and internal clients.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, the web and blogs, for opportunities for our spokespeople.
- Research and organise creative media events for the IM communications team and the business as a whole.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of international press conferences, where appropriate.
- Undertake various projects globally, where appropriate
- Contribute and manage co-ordination of our internal communications programme, where appropriate.
- Support the team with administrative duties and keep the processes and procedure manual up to date.
- Degree educated
- Some experience in investment management or financial communications
- Genuine interest in investment management and how the industry fits within society
- Excellent written and spoken English – any additional languages are a bonus
- Proactive, enthusiastic and team-spirited with high attention to detail
- Must be able to work within a team as well as independently
- Must know when to escalate issues to other members of the team
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and busy press office that requires excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and willing to work longer hours when required
- An understanding of the importance of delivering at a high standard to internal and external clients