Director - Digital Media Communications, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits - London
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- This is a senior role in the management group of Portland’s 70 person strong Corporate team, which includes specialists in public affairs, corporate communications, internal engagement, grassroots campaigning as well as digital
- You will be an expert in your field with the ability to develop and deliver impactful digital and social media strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing high quality client servicing and maximising the profitability of accounts
- You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals
- You will be expected to work with others across the company to deliver the best possible results for clients, providing an integrated service and making the best of all Portland’s capabilities
- You will join the Corporate team management group and the agency’s Senior Leadership Group
- Reporting to the Corporate Partners, you will lead a team of digital specialists working collaboratively within an integrated practice
- Directing key accounts, including full oversight and management of all strategic and tactical activity
- Acting as the day-to-day contact for major clients
- Lead clients and the internal teams through the creative and strategy process, from the initial client engagement through final delivery
- Marketing Portland’s digital offer and generating new business from Portland clients and externally
- Provide support in targeting, pursuing, and closing engagements with potential clients by presenting the capabilities of Portland accurately and compellingly
- Oversee the creative and strategic services we offer clients, such as copywriting, data analysis, site content creation, implementation, testing, and online outreach
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Digital project management through the project lifecycle
- Project scope, requirements and cost proposals
- Upsell and retention are key performance criteria for this role
- The role involves management and development of a team of digital specialists - making sure that individuals and the team as a whole perform at their best
- Accurate and timely evaluation and reporting of projects
Essential skills and experience:
- Have a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience working in digital communications at a senior level within government, agency or in-house
- Be well versed in delivering often-complex digital solutions and through your experience will be able to talk knowledgeably about the approach without relying on others
- Have demonstrable experience of managing clients and their projects independently, successfully and profitably
- Have an excellent track record of building and sustaining strong client relationships and managing a range of digital media projects to a successful conclusion for both client and agency
- Have an excellent understanding of the digital development process including communication strategy, creative and technical
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Government Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)