Account Manager - Health (Washington DC Office), Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
The health team devises and implements communications and public affairs programs across a number of specialist areas typically including strategic consultancy and message development, political outreach and select committee training, corporate communications, media relations, media training, issues and crisis management, digital and social media, integrated campaigning, patient and professional engagement, market access / Health Technology Appraisal communications, patient education and disease awareness.
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager with an interest in running both PR and PA campaigns in our health team, but with a focus on US, Pan-EU and Global communications.
Portland Health is a small but fast-growing team providing public relations and public affairs services to clients which help them successfully navigate through a complex and fast-changing landscape.
You will be joining a team of consultants with unrivalled first-hand PR and PA experience at the highest level.
- Account lead for smaller clients and specific projects;
- Helping develop action plans, assigning tasks to the team and otherwise implementing the client program;
- Working with our clients to develop comprehensive political, stakeholder and media engagement strategies;
- Developing close working relationships with client teams and managing regular contact with them, both face-to-face and through teleconferences and emails;
- Managing the drafting of communications materials such as press releases, spokesperson and stakeholder briefing documents, reference packs and tracking/managing client approvals;
- Responding quickly and accurately to journalist, MP, stakeholder and client requests;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key national and industry journalists, MP offices and stakeholders;
- Attending meetings with clients and preparing concise and timely reports as directed by Account Director;
- Proactively highlighting relevant policy, political, regulatory and media developments to clients;
- Providing advice and strategic counsel to clients;
- Input into the financial management of the accounts and the overall business;
- Regularly supporting new business activities, including contributing to proposals and pitches, and attending networking and industry events as a representative of Portland.
Qualifications and skills:
- You will be passionate about communications and understand how to utilize insights-based strategy to reach different audiences across multiple channels
- You will have strong experience across the pharmaceutical and health sector. This should include experience working with senior and junior colleagues to draft pharmaceutical product and disease awareness materials, provide reference packs and facilitate approvals, generate media coverage, support the running of public events, and manage political and/or stakeholder relationships (Key Opinion Leaders and Patient Groups) for a diverse range of clients and therapeutic areas
- You will have a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and experience of working on product / brand communications programs in an agency setting
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
Apply for Account Manager - Health (Washington DC Office), Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in United States
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in United States
- Healthcare Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in United States
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in United States