Intern (Paid) - Brand Communications, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits - London
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Health, public health and social care services are changing rapidly in response to the UK’s financial challenges and a population that is growing and getting older.
As structures, systems and priorities shift, we make sure our clients keep a sharp focus on meeting their business objectives and delivering what matters most to patients and their families.
We help them successfully navigate through this complex and fast-changing landscape, strengthening trust and protecting reputations.
With such a skilled team, we’re able to do some really exciting work, using old and new channels. From designing hard-hitting poster campaigns and building bespoke digital channels, to conducting behavioral research and creating expert-led policy projects, our integrated team helps deliver exceptional results for clients.
- Tracking issues in the media relevant to designated clients.
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers;
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by Account Executives and Account Managers for designated client projects;
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books;
- Preparing activity reports for clients;
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc;
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts;
- Preparing journalist and MP biographies and briefing notes for clients;
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases;
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- You must have a degree, with a minimum classification of 2:2
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for understanding health issues is essential
- Experience of the media, Westminster, public affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.