Internal Communications Manager - Hotels.com - London
Do you have a passion for travel, for international consumer brands and a real passion for internal communications? If so, then Hotels.com is the perfect destination to grow your comms career. We are looking for an expert Internal Communications Manager to join our wonderful global communications team, based in our London hub. And as part of the Expedia family, it’s the people who make Hotels.com such a great place to work, don’t just believe us, check it out for yourself here.
We're seeking an internal comms whizz to drive collaboration and awareness within Hotels.com (and the wider Expedia Group) with extraordinary content, communications tools, and measurement. This dynamic role includes leading internal communications, supporting the global strategy team, working closely with HR and championing the Hotels.com culture across the business. You will also be creative, motivated and a brilliant content creator.
What you’ll do…
- Create, edit and deliver regular internal Hotels.com news and content.
- Consistently raise the bar to deliver market-leading internal communications.
- Dedicated Hotels.com point of contact for EG centralised internal comms team and activities.
- Craft and direct internal communications tools, including the intranet, brand wikis, Slack, Face-to-Face plus others, to support a more agile workplace.
- Partner with the Technology team to design best-fit internal communications channels.
- Organise internal events and announcements.
- Audit our people’s attitudes to company communications with a view to visibly improving internal communications.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of company comms and channels.
- Recommend actions to improve communications and therefore productivity efforts.
- Point person for internal executive profiling, Q&As on key topics / internal speaker series etc
You will also support the business on broader employee communications strategy which includes:
- Working with the Global Strategy team to share and communicate Hotels.com priorities and progress to employees.
- Supporting OKR framework penetration to the organisation, employee training and communications.
This role will involve partnering with the HR team on people initiatives such as:
- Supporting the communication and adoption of the Expedia Group principles, partnering with EG internal communications for alignment.
- Supporting HR in our goal of being “best place to work” – Glassdoor.
- Shaping employee comms – e.g. promoting awareness of HR initiatives and driving engagement of Rate your Stay.
- Working with HR to shape internal presentations/employee engagement activities, such as onboarding materials.
- Acting as a support to HR for company-wide surveys.
- Supporting employee “attract and retain talent” initiatives where needed, including Linkedin content.
And finally, an important aspect of the role is bringing the Hcom brand personality to life internally. This will involve:
- Exciting employees about company developments and partnerships.
- Amplifying our fun and cheeky brand internally, by providing materials and content for employee audiences to drive up employee engagement levels.
- Creating stand-out internal videos, for example, our epic end-of-year team reel.
- Creating internal comms ambassadors to be the voice of the employee, celebrating employee successes and milestones.
- Support activities to deepen the employee relationship with our brand DNA, including brand guidelines, personality, values.
- Partnering with the Brand Creative team to create clever ways to promote Hotels.com across Expedia Group.
- By bringing your creative magic to the role, you'll help make our employees our biggest brand ambassadors.
Who you are…
- Experience in internal communications
- Outstanding written and verbal communications, plus strong copywriting, content creation and editing skills are essential
- Ideal candidate will be creative, great at building stakeholder relationships, have strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Experience with internal comms technologies, tools and platforms desirable but not essential
We believe that Hotels.com is the most rewarding way to book a place to stay but it is also a very rewarding and exciting brand to work for. The communications team is truly global, spread across four continents. One thing we all have in common is that we are passionate about delivering outstanding communications, both externally and internally. Are you up for a challenge? Are you passionate about our brand, people and travel? Why not join us and start your new career adventure with Hotels.com?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.