Global Head of PR & Communications I N4P
Our client is a not-for-profit global foundation with a social and public impact mission which sees it standing strong on the world’s public policy stage.
Their mission is to help governments achieve better outcomes for citizens. They are only three years old but already have an expansive global footprint with teams across 4 locations and partners who include the biggest names in government, academia and public sector innovation in the world. They need a motivated and very well-connected head of PR and communications to help them develop and grow their voice and presence across all media channels.
The Head of PR and Communications is a new position for this growing organisation and will play a key role across the whole team helping them shape messages, showcase what they do and help them raise awareness of how they help governments across the world, to the media and to their partner organisations. You will manage their external editorial and publications pipeline and help their content gain credibility and clout across all digital and media channels, but particularly earned media through your international network of journalists. PR and government will be your bread and butter but you will have a strong background in marketing and writing for diverse audiences and channels.
You will currently be sat either in agency or in-house, what’s crucial is your understanding of public sector, policy and governments and strong relationships with media titles such as Monocle, The Economist and The FT.
Basic job requirements
- Create and implement a multi-channel media and editorial strategy linked to their mission and vision, team goals, their points of view, their research programme and their events
- Drive the editorial and broadcast pipeline of content, seeking the most interesting views from those making governments work around the world
- Build and manage a pool of freelance writers and be the guardian of our tone of voice and written style guide across all publications
- Help all team members, particularly directors, to create a higher profile for their work with compelling points of view
- Place articles and points of view in the external target media and write online and social media friendly copy
- Cultivate relationships with organisations for content partnerships (for example podcast series partnerships)
- PR/Media/Journalism background and excellent online news and marketing knowledge
- Excellent spoken and written English across multiple channels
- Proven track record in writing and placing copy for media and cultivating strong media partnerships
- A strong network of journalists who write about politics, public sector/government (preferably globally and international titles)
- Management of resources, budget and contractors
- Brand development, brand values and visual design
- International experience
- Strong knowledge of government and clear passion for effective governments
- Happy to travel on occasion
This organisation encourages people of all ages and backgrounds to apply and welcomes dynamic personalities to match their talent and those who are comfortable working in a start-up environment where anything is possible but not always known in advance.
*CANDIDATES OF INTEREST WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF APPLICATION BEING RECEIVED.