Director - Corporate Communications, Top PR Agency, London
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
We think our people are the best in the business. Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- Are you passionate about the business world, and the ways that corporate reputation can drive or hinder commercial success?
- Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways?
- Are you a seasoned and confident adviser and comfortable leading major client accounts?
- Are you constantly seeking new and innovative ways to deliver impactful communications strategies to reach the audiences that matter?
- Do you relish the opportunity to develop and lead new business strategies, proposals and pitch teams?
- Are you experienced in managing people and teams, and coaching them to achieve their potential?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking a Director to join the management group for our 70 strong UK-focused corporate team. You will cover corporate communications. The wider corporate team also includes local, engagement and research units.
You will be an expert in your field with the ability to develop and deliver impactful communications strategies and campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic direction.
Through your line management responsibilities and on-the-job training, you will develop the skills and expertise of more junior colleagues, and help to cultivate a culture of continuous learning through your interest in new techniques and best practice observed across the industry.
- To originate new retained corporate briefs – this could be integrated or discipline specific briefs (e.g corporate communications, public affairs etc).
- To provide senior counsel and strategic advice to clients.
- To lead in the development of creative communications strategies for diverse clients and issues, ensuring their successful delivery.
- To lead large and complex pieces of client work and to develop a portfolio of approximately £1m per annum.
- Support the growth and development of the corporate team through high quality line management of senior members of the team, identifying growth opportunities and taking an active role in marketing activities.
- To run profitable accounts which deliver high quality work for clients.
- Build internal and external networks with colleagues, opinion leaders, journalists, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have at least six years’ experience, gained in an agency environment or through leading a busy in-house team.
- You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven.
- Have proven experience of leading high profile accounts and be used to managing large accounts of c£250k.
- Ambitious and enjoys working with clever people in a growing consultancy.
- Significant consultancy and client management experience. Proven ability to build relationships and spot opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of, and interest in, the UK communications and political landscape.
- Has the credibility to earn the respect of peers and team members. The gravitas to operate at the most senior level.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Head of Group / Department Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Head of Group / Department Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Head of Group / Department Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Head of Group / Department Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)