Associate Director – Corporate Comms, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
We think our people are the best in the business. Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- We are seeking an Associate Director to work with both our key corporate clients and new business opportunities. This is a senior position towards the top of the team’s management structure, where you will have responsibility for all aspects of an account of new business project, reporting to directors and partners as appropriate.
- You will have a proven track record of managing corporate communications workstreams at a senior level, meaning you have an excellent grasp of both political and media communications.
- Your leadership experience will demonstrate that you can get to the bottom of an issue quickly, set objectives, motivate and organize your team, offer strong strategic advice and deliver campaigns for numerous clients to challenging deadlines.
- You will also be responsible for helping to shape and drive new business, including identifying opportunities, developing your network, driving the pitch process internally and presenting as appropriate.
- As one of the most senior members of Portland’s corporate team, you will have responsibility for all aspects of a client account, including staffing, servicing, costs, resourcing and strategic direction;
- It will be your responsibility to devise, develop and execute political and media strategies to deliver client objectives, supervised by and bringing in directors, partners and senior partners as appropriate;
- Managing junior account members, providing quality control and overseeing team assignments;
- Act as a day-to-day point of contact for senior client representatives;
- Provide C-level strategic advice to clients and teams on issues relating to specific client programmes, communications and political issues;
- Creating and developing a functional team and account structure, and helping to identify and recruit strong candidates in London as the business grows; and
- Establish professional relationships with clients and colleagues in other offices.
- A proven operator with senior contacts from across media, politics and business, you will be accountable for identifying new business opportunities. This includes identifying prospects, networking, representing Portland in new business meetings, and leading the drafting of proposals and pitch meetings;
- Responsibility for devising new business strategies over the short, medium and long term. You will be accountable for leading the development of the new business pitch process, including overall responsibility for numerous pitch and proposal responses;
- Demonstrating your role as a leader across the team by contributing strategic and tactical solutions to new business efforts – even those you are not involved with – and proactively introducing new ideas to improve our offering;
- Proactively building relationships with key opinion leaders, media, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties;
- Attending and promoting client and prospects events to both media and political audiences; and
- Leading in brainstorms and creating workable programmes for new business and existing clients commissioning market research.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have a minimum of an undergraduate-level degree or equivalent qualification
- Have at least six to eight years communications or public affairs experience, either at an agency or in-house, including at least one managerial role
- Previous experience of leading communications accounts or (if in house) workstreams, including delivering industry-leading campaigns, and a track record of winning new business
- A first-class and recognized ability to lead teams of at least three people simultaneously
- A proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, managing your own work as well as having responsibility for that of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to set the direction of clients and colleagues in a collegiate manner
- Line management experience and broader supervisory input, including contributions to staffing issues/needs, internal processes, documentation or templates
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
Apply for Associate Director – Corporate Comms, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Executive (In-House) CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Executive (In-House) CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Executive (In-House) CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Executive (In-House) CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)