Intern (Paid) Corporate, Top PR Agency, London, Great Bens
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
The intern may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks:
- Tracking issues in the media relevant to designated clients.
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers;
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by Account Executives and Account Managers for designated client projects;
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books;
- Preparing activity reports for clients;
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc;
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts;
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients;
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases;
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- You must have a degree, with a minimum classification of 2:2. This is likely to be in the social sciences or the arts, e.g. politics, history, English.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for politics and elections is essential.
- You must: have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Have excellent writing skills.
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing.
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload.
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems.
- Experience of Westminster, Public Affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Graduate / Entry Level CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Graduate / Entry Level CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Graduate / Entry Level CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Graduate / Entry Level CSR Full Time jobs in London (Central)