Senior Account Manager - Media Communications, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- As an account manager or senior account manager in Portland’s UK team, you will be responsible for executing short and long term campaigns for your clients, and contributing to the development of their overall communications strategy.
- You will be a primary day to day contact for clients and establish a long term relationship with them based on their ability to trust in the quality of your judgement and delivery.
- Through your interest in the news agenda and, more specifically, in the issues that matter to them, clients will be impressed by the proactive opportunities and threats that you spot.
- The quality of your written work will mean that the majority of materials are ‘client-ready’ and meet the brief set in terms of tone, length and accuracy.
- Your project management skills will ensure that deadlines are met by your client teams at every level, from more junior to more senior colleagues.
- Through your role in managing the delivery of work by junior colleagues, you will support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Beyond the work that you undertake for existing clients, you will play an important role in the team’s future growth through your contribution to our new business process, helping to identify prospective opportunities, and supporting the development and delivery of pitches.
- Beyond client and new business work, you will be a valued member of the team, ‘pitching in’ wherever help is needed and contributing to activities from brainstorms and event planning to drafting entries for Portland’s blog
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years proven media experience gained in a communications role, preferably at an agency and through work with major corporate brands.
- Be able to demonstrate past success in the delivery of high quality media coverage, and to explain why it met the client or organisation’s objective, and how it was achieved.
- Exhibit knowledge of, and interest in, the UK political landscape and how this impacts clients.
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.