Account Executive, Washington Office, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
- We are looking for an Account Executive to work for prestigious clients across our US operation.
- We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a team to implement corporate communication strategies. The individual will require a good understanding of US media.
- Candidates should be well versed on social media and digital campaigns, with the ability to develop and execute social media strategies.
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients;
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies;
- Monitoring international media, social media, and broad political developments;
- Mapping and researching stakeholders and providing analysis for clients;
- Developing and maintaining media and stakeholder databases for clients;
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles, to memos and client reports, to social media and website content;
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media pitching;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Helping to organize and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programs;
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business;
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches.
Qualifications and skills
You must have:
- Have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, political science or international affairs.
- Have at least 12 - 18 months of work experience or internship within a communications or political environment.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about media, politics, and international affairs.
It will be advantageous for candidates to have:
- Foreign language skills.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.