Intern (Paid) Singapore Office, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
- We are looking for an Intern to join our Singapore office, working for prestigious clients across the public, private, and philanthropic sectors.
- We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a small, but growing team based in Singapore to help develop and implement communication strategies.
- The individual will require a good understanding of Singaporean and regional politics and the media.
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies
- Monitoring political developments and major news announcements
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles to political briefings and stakeholder letters
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media sell-ins
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
- Helping to organise and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programmes
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- You must have a university degree, with a minimum GPA 3.5 (for Singaporean or American institutions) or a UK degree classification of 2:1. This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science, communications, or marketing
- Foreign language skills are desirable, especially in Arabic, French, Hindi, Mandarin, and Southeast Asian languages, and Tamil
- You must have the right to work in Singapore, being a citizen or permanent resident
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Business / Industrial Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Government Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Media and New Media Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Singapore