Digital Account Manager – Doha Office, Government Advisory, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
- We are looking for an Account Manager to work in the Doha office for a number of our prestigious international clients.
- We are looking for someone with previous communications experience who is able to play a key role in managing accounts and projects, coordinating client relationships to help devise and manage strategic communications campaigns, and to provide day-to-day media handling advice.
- This role will focus on accounts within our Government Advisory practice, though the successful applicant may have opportunities to work with other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- The role includes an element of new business and supporting the team to identify and capitalise on opportunities to expand the Doha office – and the wider business.
- Manage relationships with key clients.
- Helping to devise, manage and implement proactive media and social media engagement strategies.
- Dealing confidently with key contacts, providing day-to-day media advice, placing stories and mitigating negative coverage.
- Tracking issues in the media and politics, both internationally and locally.
- Coordinating research, drafting press releases, messaging and other written outputs.
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests.
- Sourcing and preparing media analysis for clients.
- Managing the work of more junior team members to implement client programmes.
- Working as part of a team to draft new business proposals and identify potential opportunities.
Skills & Competencies:
- Established experience in a PR/communications agency or in-house organisation
- Good foundation in media relations skills, with an understanding of the Gulf media landscape
- Digital native with experience of managing social media campaigns
- Strong attention to detail
- Open communicator, happy working in a flexible team format
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Ability to multi-task – managing both short and long term actions
- Experience in the Gulf desirable
- Arabic language skills desirable
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Government Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Professional Services Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar