Senior Account Manger (Arabic Speaking), Doha Office, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
- As a senior account manager in Portland’s Doha team, you will be responsible for executing short and long-term campaigns for your clients and contributing to the development of their overall communications strategies.
- You will be a primary day to day contact for clients and establish a long-term relationship with them based on their ability to trust in the quality of your judgement and delivery.
- Through your interest in the news agenda and, more specifically, in the issues that matter to them, clients will be impressed by the proactive opportunities and threats that you spot.
- The quality of your written work in both Arabic and English will be outstanding. The majority of materials you produce will be ‘client-ready’ and meet the brief set in terms of tone, length and accuracy.
- Your project management skills will ensure that deadlines are met by your client teams at every level, from more junior to more senior colleagues.
- Through your role in managing the delivery of work by junior colleagues, you will support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Beyond the work that you undertake for existing clients, you will play an important role in the team’s future growth through your contribution to our new business process, helping to identify prospective opportunities, and supporting the development and delivery of pitches.
- Beyond client and new business work, you will be a valued member of the team, ‘pitching in’ wherever help is needed and contributing to activities from brainstorms and event planning to drafting entries for Portland’s blog.
You Must Have:
- An understanding of the communications environment in the GCC and Qatar in particular
- Outstanding written and spoken Arabic skills with a high degree of competency in English.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years proven media experience gained in a communications role, preferably at an agency and through work with major corporate and/or philanthropic brands.
- Demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop communications plans, media and client materials, as well as new business proposals.
- Manage operational performance of account teams, ensuring work quality and delivery against deadlines.
- Cultivate client relationships, set campaign goals and achieve deliverables (including high quality media coverage) against objectives in pursuit of the goals.
- Demonstrate proficiency in media relations, including driving media outreach, message development, media event management and preparation of client spokespersons.
- Exhibit knowledge of, and interest in, the Asian political, economic, social and technological landscape and how this impacts clients.
What We Offer In Return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open-door culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes an allowance for travel, pension contribution, private healthcare, life assurance cover, free Entertainer App, company parties, free daily snacks and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated
Apply for Senior Account Manger (Arabic Speaking), Doha Office, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Account Manager Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Business / Industrial Senior Account Manager Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Senior Account Manager Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Media and New Media Senior Account Manager Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Professional Services Senior Account Manager Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar