PR and Press Office Manager
Chiltern Railways is one of the best-performing railway companies in the UK and we’re looking for a fantastic PR and Press Office Manager to help tell our story; a story of always wanting to make things better for our passengers and leading the way in our industry.
For this job, experience of railways is great but what’s more important is your ability to tell our story, keep a grip on media relations and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, often exciting business. As a PR and Press Office Manager you’ll be a key member of the Corporate Affairs team and be required to take part in the on-call rota, supporting our out of hours media and social media activities.
You'll be accountable for many things including:
- Handling media enquiries on a proactive and reactive basis
- Playing a key role in ensuring the business can respond to crises involving interaction with the media
- Researching and writing press releases, case studies, speeches
- Selling stories to media contacts both nationally and locally
- Assist with organising events as required
- Develop relationships with all stakeholders across the business
- Monitoring press coverage
- Supporting the wider work of the Corporate Affairs function and Commercial Directorate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an understanding of how to communicate with a range of audiences
- Significant experience of working in a busy press office or PR team
- Strong experience of media relations, with an understanding of national and regional media
- Experience of handling reactive issues, and of conducting creative, proactive media campaigns
- Understanding of the development of social media and digital content in support of media relations campaigns
- Knowledge of specialist media distribution, monitoring, measurement and evaluation mechanisms
- The ability to work well with senior colleagues at the highest levels, including the Managing Director
- Strong interpersonal skills and is able to form strong relationships with journalists and staff across our business
- Understanding of the need to be flexible and ‘muck in’ on other tasks as required
- Access to 'The Village': Enjoy discounts with major retailers through Arriva's employee benefits portal The Village.
- Cycle to Work Scheme; A healthier and cheaper way to commute with a tax efficient way to fund buying a bike.
- Employee Assistance Programme; A 24 hour helpline to support you through the challenges that life sometimes throws at you.
- Free Rail Travel; Free rail travel for you and your family (rules and conditions apply).
- Pension; Helping you save for the future with access to a pension scheme.