Account Director – planning / property / regeneration / London
This award-winning communications consultancy works on some of the most exciting issues facing London today, for some of the highest profile clients and projects across the public and private sectors. They work to regenerate, renew, and redevelop; they work closely with clients to form an in-depth understanding of their business, offering effective advice on a range of issues affecting London and its communities.
This role combines direct account management, including managing and motivating account teams, winning new business and contributing to corporate management functions such as internal corporate teams, events and recruitment. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in property and regeneration projects and be well versed in running public consultations for complex projects.
As Account Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and providing strategic direction to drive accounts
- Leading the management of teams
- Being a key contact point for clients, advising them directly and demonstrating good judgment.
- Implementing and monitoring communications strategies and proposals
- Reviewing and editing written materials / over-seeing the drafting by others
- Selling-in and overseeing the selling-in by others to national, regional, local, trade and broadcast media
- Managing budgets and overseeing client billing on projects
- Appraising and providing leadership and support for more junior staff.
A successful candidate will have:
- A broad background in corporate communications, with particular expertise in public consultation, media relations, stakeholder communications and public affairs.
- Excellent drafting and reviewing skills – whether in preparing communication strategies, press releases, key message sheets, proposal documents or client brochures.
- First class client handling and good management skills, providing a mentoring role to other staff and building close relationships with clients.
- First-rate understanding of issues management – adept at understanding, condensing and communicating complex issues.
- Bonus scheme: Discretionary annual bonuses based on both personal and company performance – at LCA these are significant and make a meaningful contribution to total annual remuneration
- 25 holiday days
- Training: Separate budget allocated for tailored personal development
- Office benefits: towels for the pool / gym (located under the building and corporate discount), well stocked kitchen, fruit, regular socials and more
If you think you are the ideal candidate, or would like some more information, please email your CV to email@example.com.