Head of News
Head of News
Leading a busy 24/7 press office, this role is key to the success of one of the biggest technological and infrastructure investments of our time. The organisation is under huge media scrutiny and are looking for a confident and capable media handler to lead a high-performing and busy team.
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of journalists
- Response accurately to media demand ensuring strong and positive coverage
- Lead 24/7 press office
- Prepare and advise the Chief Executive and other senior leaders for media activity
- Network and ensure good relationships with industry leaders and communicators
- Ensure robust crisis and issues management
- Member of the management team
- Line manage two news managers and one news officer
Skills and Experience
- Extensive and proven experience leading a busy, high profile reactive/proactive press office
- Track record of delivering press coverage and influencing journalists
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience dealing with crisis and issues
- Ability to understand and translate technical detail for a range of audiences
- Leading a high-performing team
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.