Graduate Trainee - Top PR Agency, London, Great Bens
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns helping clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities together to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Seeking those looking to kick-start their career within Communications and PR. Portland is a fast-growing strategic communications and public affairs consultancy firm founded in 2001 by Tim Allan. We want to hire and develop the best graduate talent to help our business continue to thrive. We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd and have the right combination of academic qualifications, work experience and potential.
The successful applicants will complete a 7 months programme consisting of rotation across the agency within our main teams. You will be assigned to real project work from day one and will be a key part of the teams. From there you will be asked to choose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd unit choices to join permanently after the scheme. Our main capabilities during the 7 month programme include:
- Corporate Communications
- Public Affairs
- Global Impact
- Government Advisory
- Healthcare Communications
- Local Campaigns
- Employee Engagement
- Financial Communications
- Tracking issues in the media relevant to designated clients;
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers;
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by Account Executives and Account Managers for designated client projects;
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books;
- Preparing activity reports for clients;
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc;
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts;
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients;
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases;
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients;
- Monitoring political, parliamentary, media and social media activity on a daily basis;
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by team members for designated client projects;
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and suggesting new lines of potential business based on analysis of political and regulatory events;
- Preparing media distribution lists for press releases; government distribution lists; and wider stakeholder lists;
- The role will include digital research; social media analysis; content planning; online influencer mapping and creative input.
- Have a good feel for communications work
- To develop close working relationships with client development teams to deliver a programme in support of the scheme’s development objectives
- To oversee the production of communications materials, press releases, newsletters, boards, website copy etc.
Competences applicable to the post:
- have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- have excellent writing skills;
- be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing.
- be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- be organised and able to manage your own workload;
- be passionate about politics and elections.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Government Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Graduate / Entry Level Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)