Senior Communications Manager
Senior Communications Manager
The Telegraph are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight that our journalism provides to a diverse and discerning audience. Every day the content we create – in print, online, in our apps and across many other platforms – is setting the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Communications Manager with Editorial and Internal comms experience to join our Communications department. The role is responsible for supporting the business by helping to shape, lead and implement the Telegraph’s communications strategy.
You will take a proactive lead on driving the editorial PR for the company. The role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop campaigns that position the Telegraph as a leading multimedia business. From devising effective and creative communications strategies to crisis communications to implementation of plans, this role requires a passion for the media industry. We are looking for someone with digital experience who has strong relationships with broadcast and media journalists.
● Writing and delivering PR plans for the business and working with key stakeholders and partners
● Working closely with the editorial department promoting editorial stories, initiatives, journalists and promoting the brand.
● Developing and implementing campaigns that position the Telegraph as a multimedia business
● Line management responsibilities of a small team across internal and trade -
● Managing the day to day requirements of the team.
● Coaching and developing team members, giving guidance to ensure optimum performance delivery.
● Working with a number of departments across the business, showcasing their work and announcing appointments, media firsts, product launches and award wins
● Managing interviews and speaking engagements for senior executives and journalists
● Liaising with all broadcast outlets to promote Telegraph editorial.
● Writing press announcements and communications materials
● Monitoring of coverage and industry news
● Handling and assisting all Telegraph press enquiries
● Able to deliver communications through various mediums including public speaking to reach new audiences.
● Able to foresee issues/difficulties and plan for different PR scenarios
● Proven ability to build effective and trusted relationships with key internal and external journalists/stakeholders
● Ability to step up to support/deputise for the Director Of Communications when occasion requires.
● Will have experience of working in a team, be a great team player with the ability to support and mentor colleagues.
● Significant proven PR experience, either in-house or agency-side, preferably in a digital or multimedia business.
● Management experience, coaching and developing a team.
● The role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Dealing with many sensitive issues, it is essential that you're capable of handling confidential information with discretion.
● A proactive approach to working in a busy newsroom and a thriving digital business is key to securing this role, as is a good understanding of the media landscape.
● Able to work at pace and demonstrate resilience
What you can expect from us if you’re successful:
● Personal and career development opportunities such as communication, soft skills and industry qualifications.
● Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph’s values - together, fearless, open-minded and informed - in everything we do.
● 25 days holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & well being and financial benefits.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.