External Communications Manager
A leading utility company is seeking an External Communications Manager, Media for Customers. Your role will be responsible for delivering media relations support for the customer business, a varied role that will involve supporting on all proactive and reactive media activity, with potential additional support in government and stakeholder relations when required. To be considered for this role you will need proven experience in working in an issues led, high profile environment and will have strong experience in media with a good understanding of UK consumer affairs. You will work closely with the wider communications team, including digital, brand and marketing business unit leads, and their external agencies to provide integrated communications support to include:
- Support for the delivery of a coordinated communications plan
- Responding to media enquiries
- Maintaining excellent relations with relevant external stakeholders
- Act as a key contact for leaders within the customer business providing counsel on external issues
Your skills set needs to include:
Extensive media handling experience and proven network of media contacts
- Proven ability to manage large integrated campaigns that deliver well messaged coverage
- Demonstrated success in managing media activities and events for a complex organisation
- First class communication skills (written and oral), in particular the ability to communicate complex topics to a wide audience
- Good influencing skills and the ability to work well with others in a large and complex organisation, including senior leaders in business.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to manage fast moving issues and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to commission and publish content in media and on digital channel
- Experience working in energy experience helpful, but not mandatory
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.