Account Director – Brand Communications (Health) Top PR Agency, London, Great Bens
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Health, public health and social care services are changing rapidly in response to the UK’s financial challenges and a population that is growing and getting older.
As structures, systems and priorities shift, we make sure our clients keep a sharp focus on meeting their business objectives and delivering what matters most to patients and their families.
We help them successfully navigate through this complex and fast-changing landscape, strengthening trust and protecting reputations.
With such a skilled team, we’re able to do some really exciting work, using old and new channels. From designing hard-hitting poster campaigns and building bespoke digital channels, to conducting behavioral research and creating expert-led policy projects, our integrated team helps deliver exceptional results for clients.
- This role is within Portland Health, part of the Portland Corporate Communications and Public Affairs team. Portland Health is a small but fast growing team providing public relations and public affairs services to clients which help them successfully navigate through a complex and fast-changing landscape.
- You will be joining a team of consultants with unrivalled first-hand PR and PA experience at the highest level.
- As Account Director, your experience to date may lean more towards PA. However, you will have strong experience across the pharmaceutical and health sector. This should include experience of supporting teams who are drafting pharmaceutical product and disease awareness material, providing reference packs and facilitating approvals, generating media coverage, supporting the running of public events, and managing political and/or stakeholder relationships (Key Opinion Leaders and Patient Groups) for a diverse range of clients and therapeutic areas.
- You will have a solid understanding of the way the NHS is structured, the drug approval and Health Technology Assessment (HTA) processes.
- Providing leadership and strategic counsel on major complex client accounts;
- Driving significant new business effort – conceive, lead and project manage new business proposals and pitches;
- Directing major accounts/projects;
- Leading marketing drive setting up events, and promoting products;
- Leading integrated comms/ PA offers;
- Line managing team members (Account Managers, Account Executives and Researchers) and overseeing their career development.
- Have strong commercial acumen - utilised with bottom line figures in mind as well as continued high standard service offering to clients;
- Be able to anticipate clients’ challenges and develop strategies to solve them;
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, senior clients and other stakeholders;
- Be highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Be a credible and confident adviser on media and reputation;
- Have strong commercial awareness and ability to support aggressive new business drive;
- Be politically savvy with good understanding of how politics and media cross over;
- Have a network of contacts to help fill pipeline and pull in new business;
- Be media smart with good contacts in national print and broadcast;
- Be able to direct large accounts and manage clients – a track record of agency experience handling is not essential, but would be beneficial.
Team Working And Projects:
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency;
- Be an excellent decision maker with a real ability to lead and mentor a team across different client accounts;
- Develop collegial relationships with individuals at various levels throughout the agency;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with a real flare for pitching and presenting ideas and business plans;
- Focus on organic growth and development of team.
Qualifications and skills:
- Relevant, senior level PA experience gained from an agency, in-house or government role;
- Strong commercial acumen with a track record of shaping an agency's growth and success;
- The ability to be a key influencer with the gravitas to provide senior leadership and counsel on major complex accounts;
- Excellent client servicing and interpersonal skills, as well as a real ability to lead pitch teams;
- Proven ability to grow and lead teams;
- Tenacity to drive marketing and business development;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, excellent client-consultation skills as well as client and agency growth and development.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
Apply for Account Director – Brand Communications (Health) Top PR Agency, London, Great Bens
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly