Press Officer (Corporate Communications) – Major Retail/Ecommerce Brand
This is a really unique and interesting role not to be missed! We are working with an agency that looks after the communications for a major retail/e-commerce brand. An opportunity has arisen to go in house at this client for a 1 year secondment (which may potentially extend), working across a busy press office with plenty of meaty issues/reputation and crisis work.
Following the year, you can either choose to move on or be employed by the agency, continuing to work closely with the brand.
A genuine innovator and disruptor in its sector – this online retail brand is truly unique. Set up over 20 years ago, they have played a key role in allowing anyone to participate in the global economy. Connecting people from all over the world, they sell a huge array of products – from new to used, budget to luxury, mainstream to one-of-a-kind. Their mission is to be the world’s top destination for discovering unique buys and fantastic value.
An independent communications agency of around 15 with household name clients spanning the likes of Firmdale Hotels, Easyjet, Shell and Honda. They have been established for over 15 years and deliver creative campaigns that blend together creative, PR/media, experiential, social and content.
The Role – Press Officer (Corporate Communications)
As an integral part of the communications team, you’ll play a key role in driving the day to day corporate news agenda for the brand – working to enhance, maintain and chance perceptions amongst news and retail journalists. The global size and presence of the brand means there’s also plenty of reputation management, issues and crisis work to get your teeth stuck into.
Key Responsibilities of the Press Officer:
- Create, develop and manage engaging corporate news stories, examining the daily news agenda for opportunities through the calendar year and using data to create compelling stories for news and retail desks
- Keep a close eye on social media trends and topics to spot opportunities to engage with customers
- Maintain relationships with key news and retail media, influencers and bloggers
- Drafting reacting statements and responses, dealing with journalists who approach with negative stories, liaising with internal teams to solve problems and come up with solutions
- Brief and counsel company spokespeople on media-related topics, as appropriate
- Passion for the retail industry - be ahead of the latest trends and challenges
- Experience in corporate communications gained in house or at an agency
- Capable of influence at all levels - able to build strong relationships across wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of being part of a busy press office with some media handling experience
To discuss this opportunity and others we are recruiting for, please contact Charlotte Bradshaw without delay. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Account Executive CSR Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Consumer Senior Account Executive CSR Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- FMCG Senior Account Executive CSR Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Retail / Wholesale Senior Account Executive CSR Full Time jobs in London (Greater)