Account Director - Corporate PR
Hanover is looking for a dynamic and experienced PR professional to join our Corporate team as an Account Director.
Hanover is a leading UK independent communications consultancy. We were runner-up for Corporate Agency of the Year at the 2018 Sabre Awards EMEA.
We believe very strongly in career development at Hanover, offering tailored training to all our staff and regular opportunities for promotion. For the right candidate, with talent and ambition, there is the opportunity to go to the top.
The successful candidate will be a senior member of our corporate communications practice and will provide strategic advice to Hanover’s existing public relations clients. Day to day, the Account Director will lead client accounts, manage junior colleagues and budgets as well as making a significant contribution to new business and marketing activity.
We’re particularly keen to hear from candidates with an interest or experience in our priority sectors – financial services, food & drink, energy & natural resources and TMT – as well as issues and crisis management expertise.
The position will be based at our London office but the successful candidate may have the opportunity to work on clients we share with colleagues in our Brussels, Dublin, Abu Dhabi and Dubai offices.
- Develop close client relationships, lead external client meetings and be the first point of contact across client accounts
- Provide strategic advice to clients and prospective clients
- Oversee and lead media contact programmes, attend and support meetings between clients and any media
- Develop high quality media contacts within key media targets
- Demonstrate an active and ever-expanding new business network, identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and offices
- Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing and managing pipelines
- Supervise the delivery of client work on multiple accounts – by running internal account management meetings, reviewing team progress against agreed milestones, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Line managing junior colleagues, helping to mentor and develop talent from within the team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Expert knowledge and experience of working in UK media environments
- Prior experience within a consultancy or in-house PR/communications team, preferably within financial services, food & drink, energy & natural resources or TMT.
- Strong experience in advising clients in crisis situations and managing potentially negative issues
- Good understanding of UK PR industry with strong media contacts (particularly on national titles and with broadcasters)
- Strong understanding and experience of budgeting, managing pipelines and developing new business
- Experience in line management and developing talent
- Effective time management and ability to meet deadlines, strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and creative writing skills
- Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
As well as competitive salaries we offer employees a generous benefits package which includes:
- healthcare insurance
- annual performance related bonus
- subsidised corporate gym membership
- company mobile phone
- interest-free travel loans
- cycle to work scheme
- Summer Fridays finish (3 pm) – early Friday finish the rest of the year (4 pm)
- wellbeing classes & subsidised massages
- company pension scheme
- ‘Trailblazer of the Month’ rewards for employees who make an outstanding contribution
- regular social events
- additional bonuses linked to recruitment, new business and long service
More searches like this
- Financial Services Account Director Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- FMCG Account Director Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Account Director Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Telecommunications Account Director Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Technology Account Director Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)