Consultant Digital – Doha Office, Government Advisory, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
This position is for a digital specialist within Portland’s Doha office.
- The role is to lead on digital projects within our Government Advisory practice, though the successful applicant may have opportunities to work with other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- Working within an integrated communications team, you will help to devise, manage and implement digital and social media strategies, providing high quality client servicing and managing staff.
- You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and work on pitches and proposals.
- You will be expected to work with others across the company to deliver the best possible results for clients, providing an integrated service and making the best of all Portland’s capabilities.
- Working as part of the team to develop digital communications strategies, from formulation through to execution, aligning them with the client’s key objectives
- Awareness of all major and emerging social channels — including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, and LinkedIn — and how they serve different user needs
- Using social media and data analysis tools to track performance and make recommendations
- Writing razor-sharp copy for email, web pages, social media, SMS and more
- Tracking issues in the media and politics, both internationally and locally
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
- Managing the work of more junior team members to implement client programmes
- Working as part of a team to draft new business proposals and identify potential opportunities
Skills & Competencies:
- Established digital experience in a PR/communications agency or in-house organisation
- Experience of hands-on campaign development, optimisation and performance analysis
- Excellent understanding of existing social media landscape including new and innovative tools, platforms, technologies
- Good foundation in media relations skills, with an understanding of the Gulf media landscape desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Open communicator, happy working in a flexible team format
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Python an advantage (advanced coding expertise not necessary)
- Familiarity with popular CMSs
- Track record of delivering quantifiable, metrics-oriented results
- Ability to multi-task – managing both short- and long-term actions
- Experience in the Gulf desirable
- Arabic language skills desirable
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Government Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Professional Services Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar