Interim Head of Communications (Maternity Period)
Ipsen is a leading biopharmaceutical group dedicated to improving lives through innovative medicines in oncology , neuroscience and rare diseases.
To achieve our Bold Promise, the Communications team are recruiting the best talent to join our dynamic and engaged team. We have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Head of Communications position covering a maternity period.
The main mission of this role is to establish and execute a corporate and product communications strategy for Ipsen UK & Ireland. Working in collaboration with the cross-functional business functions (in particular commercial, medical and market access) the Head of Communications will build a communications programme for Ipsen aligned to the corporate objectives, supporting commercial growth and expansion across this priority territory.
Alongside this, the Head of Communications will work closely with Global Communications and equivalent to identify opportunities for collaboration and initiatives that will extend and enhance Ipsen’s corporate presence, communicating the company mission and vision to target audiences, including within the UK.
Your key accountabilities will include:
Manage external communications for Ipsen UK & Ireland (50%)
- Ipsen’s UK & Ireland organisation and apply that knowledge to create a communications strategy
- Build comprehensive understanding of global priorities to inform UK & Ireland communications strategy
- Work closely with internal groups on message and timing of external communications
- Provide guidance on content for Ipsen UK & Ireland website
- Support Professional Relations Managers with PAG initiatives as required
Establish and execute and internal communications strategy (20%)
- Work closely with internal groups on message and timing of internal communications
- Support with development of content for intranet site
- Act as liaison with Global Communications on internal announcements
Support and inform senior leaders communications (30%)
- Support with development of internal and external presentations/communications for leadership team, including town hall meetings etc
- Inform key messages to be cascaded across UK & Ireland organisation
- Support Chief of Staff and Ipsen Global communications with communications plans and events as required (e.g. town hall meetings) external discussions and presentations (e.g. speaking opportunities)
- Support Chief of Staff and Ipsen Global communications with identifying key messages to be cascaded across the organisation as appropriate
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Advanced postgraduate academic background in business or sciences
- Minimum of 7 years+ experience in Pharma/Biotech communications
- Experience in a Biotech or agency is a plus
- Solid science background and track record of translating scientific concepts
- Good planning, analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in full autonomy or as part of a larger team Influential leadership and results orientation
This position is based at our Bath Road, Slough site with travel to other locations.
To apply for the role, send your CV and a covering letter starting your salary expectation.
Apply for Interim Head of Communications (Maternity Period)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly