This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the public perception of a profession which is the frequent focus of press and political attention, and which is a crucial part of the UK’s corporate and personal finance landscape: the insolvency and restructuring profession.
The role will give you the chance to get involved in the public and political debates which surround insolvency and restructuring, including: business and job rescue, the impact of business failure, sources of corporate and personal financial distress, professional ethics and conflicts issues, consumer debt, fraud disruption, money and mental health issues, and many others.
As R3’s Communications Manager, you will:
- Plan, manage, and implement R3’s proactive and reactive media and public relations strategies
- Have responsibility for working with national and regional, print, online and broadcast outlets in order to promote and defend the reputation of the insolvency and restructuring profession
- Help develop R3’s policy positions, thought leadership output, and research, and promote this work to R3’s media contacts and wider stakeholders
- Manage the work of R3’s Communications Officer
- Work with teams across R3 to ensure the consistent communication of R3’s key messages to members and all external stakeholders. This will, for example, include supporting the development of marketing collateral, or helping to draft speeches and presentations for R3 representatives
- Work with senior figures from across the profession to promote the work of insolvency practitioners and restructuring experts
- Be part of a successful communications team with a long track record of making an impact on behalf of R3’s members.
This is your chance to be at the forefront of the business and personal finance news agenda.
Experience of media and public relations work, including work on proactive and successful media relations campaigns, will be essential for this role. You will also need to demonstrate professional curiosity and an enthusiasm for generating and owning new tasks and areas of work.
If you are self-motivated, efficient, and well-organised, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and on simultaneous projects, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to adapt content and arguments for different audiences.
The Company & Profession
R3 is the trade association for the UK’s insolvency, restructuring, advisory, and turnaround profession. We represent insolvency practitioners, lawyers, turnaround and restructuring experts, students, and others.
The insolvency, restructuring and turnaround profession is a vital part of the UK economy. It rescues businesses and jobs, creates the confidence to trade and lend by returning money fairly to creditors after insolvencies, investigates and disrupts fraud, and helps indebted individuals get back on their feet.
R3 ensures the work of the insolvency and restructuring profession is recognised, understood, and valued by government, parliament, the public, the business community, and other policymakers. This work includes highlighting both policy issues for the profession as well as financial challenges facing business and individuals.
As the Communications Manager, you will play an important part in helping R3 create a business, legislative and regulatory environment that allows R3’s members to do their work effectively.
Additionally, R3 offers a comprehensive calendar of training, networking, courses and conferences, coupled with technical guidance and support, which ensure members are best placed to help rescue businesses and individuals in financial distress.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able reply to all applications.
Interviews will take place in late January or early February.