Media Adviser – In House - Prominent Public Figure in Media/Publishing – London – £30-35,000
Media Adviser – In House - Prominent Public Figure – London – £30-35,000 depending on experience
My client is a prominent public figure in newspapers and the media. The role is set in a private office working as part of small team to provide specialist media advice to the principal. You will take responsibility for the principal’s media profile, and work on varying philanthropic campaigns and special projects.
Using your expertise in the media and communications industry you will analyse the media landscape in relation to the principal and their business interests providing daily briefings. You will also proactively build strategic media campaigns seeking to garner positive and widespread coverage for good causes.
You will have strong written communication skills and have a broad understanding of all forms of media including social, broadcast, online and print. You will be familiar with owned, earned and paid for media across a wide range of channels and platforms.
For the right candidate the role could involve some very interesting travel to overseas philanthropic and cultural projects as part of generating positive media coverage. As the role is based within a private office the successful candidate will also have some opportunities to engage in the wider work of the office, particularly around high-profile events.
This will be a rewarding and very interesting role for someone who is looking for an opportunity to work in a very fast paced environment that requires considerable initiative and energy but also professionalism and discretion. There is much scope to develop the role and make it your own.
As well as reporting directly to the Principal, day to day you will report into the Managing Director who oversees the Principal’s private business interests.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan which forms the basis of all media engagement
- Manage personal media profile including website and social media channels
- Manage public media profile including interviews, events and any other public appearances
- Fielding, filtering and managing media requests. Representing the views of the principal at all times.
- Brief the principal ahead of all media engagements: detailed background briefings, interview preparation, creating biographies
- Assist with speechwriting when required
- Provide daily media monitoring around topics of interest
- Using monitoring results to create focused briefings that also provide analysis where necessary
- Research into media related business projects, partnerships and joint ventures between the media business and other entities
- Assist with the establishment of these joint ventures and nurturing their development
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years proven experience gained in media or communications, this could be through an agency (strong SAE to AM level), in house or a publication
- Be able to demonstrate past success in the delivery of high quality media coverage particularly around campaigns
- Portfolio of high level pieces of writing which have been published
- Media monitoring experience, familiar with tools such as Gorkana and Cision
- Strong grasp of social media and analytics
- Creativity to identify opportunities and generate creative campaigns ideas
- Entrepreneurship to start up and develop joint ventures
- Proactivity to always be on the front foot and make best use of time
- Used to working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Maintains confidentiality and uses utmost discretion with all matters
- Comfortable interacting with high profile individuals and VIPs
- Remains open to others' ideas, and seeks to proactively build connections with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Excellent time management and able to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
What is offered in return:
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with a high-profile individual in a valued position. The principal is deeply interested in the media and your work will be of high importance to them. The remuneration package between £30,000 and £35,000 reflects this and includes a pension contribution.
You will be joining a team of high performing and well-connected individuals. With this will come with the opportunity to develop an invaluable network of connections that could open many doors in the future. Super office facilities provide a great working environment and a free to use onsite gym.
Please forward your CV without delay and in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Consumer Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Entertainment / Leisure Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)