This is a significant role within a membership organisation managing high profile issues with a strong public interest. The Communications Manager will be the first point of contact for journalists and communications partners form member organisations) and will lead on the organisations digital and web presence.
- Take responsibility for identifying and handling potential reputational challenges for the industry.
- Manage the industry’s media and digital response to major issues and be able to do so at pace and with confidence.
- A strong strategic mind-set is required for this role along with the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of how media and digital fits in with the campaigning ethos, which sits at the heart of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Public Affairs Manager to design and deliver campaigns that will positively impact the reputation of the industry.
- Act as deputy spokesperson for the industry across the media but also with key partner organisations.
- Develop and deliver a tactical plan to create a digital, social media and content plan to align with and enhance the wider group strategy.
The communications team have received a significant budget increase and this will be a unique opportunity to be able to drive through industry leading changes in a creative and high profile position.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Apply for Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Account Manager Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Senior Account Manager Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Environmental Senior Account Manager Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)