PR Manager – Travel, Tourism & Sport- In house – Olympic Park Attractions - 1 Year Contract- Enfield
PR Account Manager – Travel, Tourism & Sport - In house – 9 month initial contract (likely to go permanent) – £30,000-37,000 pro-rata depending on experience – Enfield – Immediate Start
A really exciting opportunity for someone with experience or interest in attractions/travel & tourism/sport & leisure PR and marketing to help promote the visitor attractions of the former Olympic park, including the ultimate white-water adventure at the White Water Centre, tackling the mountain bike trails or jump and bumps on the berms of the Olympic BMX track at the Lee Valley VeloPark or smashing a ball at the Hockey and Tennis Centres. Other park attractions include ice skating, horse riding, golf, marinas and campsites!
Last year the attractions had more than 2 million visitors and my client is now looking for a PR Account Manager with big ideas to increase visitor numbers and further establish them as a world class destination.
The role is based in Head Office in Enfield, North London, and you will occasionally be required to travel to the various visitor attractions across North London, East London and Hertfordshire (travel costs fully reimbursed and there is a generous car allowance for car users).
- Working closely with PR and marketing colleagues, you will develop and implement innovative B2B and B2C PR and communications campaigns which generate exposure for the multiple accounts you are responsible for.
- You will help develop and implement the internal communications strategy. Through promoting the vision, values, behaviours and business objectives you will look to increase engagement and employee satisfaction.
- This is a hands-on roll, from proactively finding stories, writing press releases, selling in to the media, organising and managing media events to collating and presenting all coverage to your clients and key stakeholders within the organisation.
Key requirements and duties:
On a daily basis you’ll be required to build and nurture relationships with key media contacts to secure coverage for stories you’ve sold in. Proactively identify and maximise media opportunities. Respond efficiently to reactive media enquiries. Research, write and edit communication materials. Develop and implement communication plans that achieve the agreed targets for each. account you manage. Attend monthly client meetings.Provide PR and social media support for the events they host. Play your part in delivering the digital marketing strategy in providing timely and interesting
social media content and engaging with relevant influencers. Engaging with and building fruitful relationships with senior stakeholders from local and regional authorities, sport’s National Governing Bodies, the sport, leisure and tourism sector. Manage positive and negative news stories, preparing and delivering responses and strategies, coordinating with staff and where relevant, external organisations to agree key messages and media statements. Provide briefing notes for board members and senior managers and advise on handling media interviews. Developing and implement the internal communications strategy – effectively engaging employees in the vision and values, change communications and engagement activities. Build and maintain relationships with clients and staff to gather and share news and deliver special projects. Monitor media coverage and share intelligence with clients and staff. Share news using digital platforms including the intranet, website and social media
Experience and qualifications:
• Previous experience of working at a similar level in an agency or in-house PR environment
• Experience of crisis management, internal communications and stakeholder relations
• Proven track record in securing national, regional and specialist media coverage
• Extensive network of media contacts from a range of titles
• Confident in dealing with stakeholders at senior level
This is a really super opportunity to join a great organisation involved in travel and tourism on a 9 - month fixed-term contract, possibly going permanent at the end of it. The competitive salary is between £30,000 and £37,000 pro-rata depending on experience plus benefits including car allowance.. Please note the role is based in Enfield, North London.
Please forward your CV without delay and in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for PR Manager – Travel, Tourism & Sport- In house – Olympic Park Attractions - 1 Year Contract- Enfield
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Consumer Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Entertainment / Leisure Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- FMCG Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Travel and Tourism Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Arts & Heritage Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Central)