Senior Consultant - Global Impact (Doha Office), Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
- Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, major foundations, NGOs, and philanthropists.
- We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile individuals and some of the most exciting organisations in global development.
- Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right audience.
- We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- This role is in Portland’s Doha office.
- The role is to direct major accounts, leading a key client relationship and managing other accounts and projects. You will lead on, among other things: developing international media and political engagement strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing advice on social media and media issues; overseeing the development of research briefs, and cultivating relationships with journalists and relevant organisations that support our clients’ aims.
You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals.
As the Senior Consultant you will be integral to Portland’s long term planning. You will be an expert in your field, with experience of working in global development and social issues, having the ability to get to the bottom of an issue and run with campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic consultation.
- Giving broad-ranging creative and strategic advice to clients and teams on issues relating to specific client programmes and wider PR and marketing issues
- Actively participating in new business development including pitch meetings, presentations and proposals and identifying prospects and representing the agency in new business meetings
- Contribute strategy and solutions to new business efforts and proactively introduce new ideas to improve our offering.
- Leading an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity
- Proactively building relationships with key opinion leaders, media, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Establishing professional relationships with colleagues in other offices
- Leading in brainstorms and create workable programmes for new business and existing clients commissioning market research
- Lead on the development of new business pitches including pitch responses with the input of the senior team
- Keeping track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all client work is completed on time and within budget
- Ensure accurate invoicing for all clients
- Leading in the management, analysis and evaluation of client campaigns
- Creating and developing a functional team and account structure and helping to identify and recruit strong candidates in London as the business grows
- Directing and mentoring junior account members; providing quality control and overseeing team assignments
Skills & Competencies
- Extensive experience in a PR/communications agency is essential.
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of American media.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, managing your own work and that of others.
- Previous experience in a senior management role, and a track record in industry leading campaigns and winning pitches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence clients and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude.
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients.
- Supervisory responsibilities; identifies staffing issues and needs, adopts or creates processes, documentation, and templates to meet those needs.
- Actively participates in new business development, presentations and proposals and identifying prospects, and represents Portland PR in new business meetings.
- Additional languages are desirable.
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.