Publicity Assistant - TV
Publicity Assistant £23,000 - £25,000
Our client a global production and content business is looking for a Publicity Assistant to join their team and work on some of the most wanted TV portfolio labels!
- To support the Senior Publicity Manager on all communications as required.
- To assist the UK Publicity team on multiple aspects of programme campaigns by carrying out basic publicity tasks.
- Provide full administrative support to all members of the UK Publicity department to ensure smooth day-to-day running of the office.
- To ensure the website is maintained and up to date and to provide support to the ‘web champions’ operating the label websites.
- Manage all awards entries.
- Manage relationships with production, high profile talent, agents, PRs, traditional and non-traditional media contacts, online journalists, social editors, bloggers and influencers on behalf of the Publicity team.
- To assist the Publicity team on publicity events/interviews/photos shoots as required.
- To assist the Publicity team with compiling press assets such as publicity stills, issuing preview/review and promo clips and press updates to support programme publicity.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts, bloggers, influencers and other non-traditional media contacts and build strong relationships with key online journalists and key social editors and maintain the Publicity team’s database of these contacts.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in the social media and digital teams, ensuring all external communications are co-ordinated and cohesive and in line with the press digital campaign elements.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and relationships with all production contacts and internal stakeholders.
- To assist in creating assets specifically for press to be used to attract social coverage.
- To maintain and set up all processes and offices systems
- To manage external cuttings agency and be responsible for all press cuttings distribution and filing.
- To co-ordinate team meetings and press events.
- Working with the Senior Publicity Manager and Label MDs to manage all UK industry awards from entry through to event.
- Writing copy for the website.
- Ensuring the correct up to date images are on the website.
- Act as first point of contact for all website enquiries.
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience of dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Initiative and ability to manage own projects.
- Experience working at events of different sizes and scale.
- Understanding and knowledge of print and broadcast media.
- Good working knowledge of the media industry and the TV production process.
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced skills on social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and ideally Photoshop experience.
- Ideally some experience of editing software and proven content creation.
- Ideally an understanding of social analytics monitoring tools to be able capture reach and impact beyond traditional measures
- A passion for TV.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate using many different styles at all levels of the business.
PLEASE NOTE: As much as we would love to respond to all applicants, due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.