Associate Director – geopolitical communications
A unique opportunity to work in a leading independent international strategic communications agency as a mid-level governmental and political adviser in Bahrain. With strong experience of supporting clients, building relationships, and developing junior members of the team, you will have the opportunity to manage and provide direct communications support to its geopolitical clients.
- Support in the delivery of political strategic communications to clients across the Middle East
- Provide political, economic and investment analysis of current and emerging regional issues and trends
- Responsibility for developing and incorporating analysis into communications programmes tailored to client requirements
- Account manager for allocated clients, with responsibility for the day-to-day management of activities, ensuring deadlines are met, assigning further responsibilities where necessary and alerting those responsible for oversight to any issues and seeking sign off, where required
- Collaborative speech writing and op-ed development with clients and members of the senior team
- Conduct narrative development and produce messaging, talking points and factsheets
- Delivery of general PR tasks including writing press releases, media engagement, stakeholder mapping and stakeholder engagement
- Strong ability to write presentations (using tools such as PowerPoint) to a high standard – including content and appropriate design
- Responsibility for ensuring quality control of all research documents and briefing notes for clients, including country briefings, general briefing notes and biographies
- Stakeholder and influencer engagement - identify key stakeholders and influencers, map a plan for engagement and support in cultivating relationships.
- Experience producing communications materials, including press releases, talking points, media briefings, etc.
- Experience participating in the development and implementation of communications strategies
- Excellent organisational skills and flexible approach to work, with the ability to work independently, but also display solid team working skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent writing and presentational skills
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, PPT and Excel
- Experience of client relationship building and relationship management
- Analytical skills and tactical judgement.
Why work here
- Work at the heart of the most high-profile (and often confidential) international strategic and geopolitical communications campaigns
- Be part of an independent consultancy with a collegiate culture
- Enjoy a clear and supportive path of progression
- Live and work in the Expat Insider’s top ranking Gulf State
- Tax free