Manager - Government Advisory (Washington DC Office), Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
We are looking for a Manager to work for prestigious clients across our US operation. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a team to implement communication strategies. The individual must have a strong understanding of US media and the ability to run a team in a fast-paced environment. They should be well versed on social media and digital campaigns, with the ability to develop and execute social media strategies. The candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Help coordinate and manage relationships with key clients;
- Help devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies;
- Monitor international media, social media, and broad political developments;
- Create and execute digital and social media campaigns for clients;
- Map and research stakeholders and provide analysis for clients;
- Develop and maintain media and stakeholder databases for clients;
- Draft materials from press releases and opinion articles, to memos and client reports, to social media and website content;
- Support and, where necessary, coordinate and managing media pitching;
- Respond quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Helping to organize and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programs;
- Where necessary, participate in pitches and suggest new lines of potential business.
- Maintain regular communication with clients and attend meetings;
- Overseeing contact reports and agendas for client meetings;
- Maintain own strong network of media and policy contacts;
- Lead research for new business proposals and suggest and develop new lines of potential business.
- Have an excellent feel for communications work, with experience of media handling and devising communication strategies;
- Be organized with the ability to manage your own workload;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, clients and other stakeholders;
- Have knowledge and experience using digital marketing tools;
- Be logical, quick and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Have the ability to present findings for publication clearly and accurately;
- Be proficient in the use of database and Internet tools; spreadsheets, and word processing;
- Be current on changing digital trends and practices.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Have a bachelor’s degree;
- Have strong media experience;
- Have a proven experience in a communications role within an agency, government or NGO environment.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our benefits package also includes 401k contributions, health insurance, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.