Director - Corporate (Doha Office), Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
- Are you a seasoned and confident adviser and comfortable leading major client accounts?
- Are you constantly seeking new and innovative ways to deliver communications strategies to reach the audiences that matter?
- Do you relish the opportunity to develop and lead new business strategies, proposals and pitch teams?
- Are you experienced in managing people and teams, and coaching them to achieve their potential?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking a Director to join the management team of our 20 strong Middle East Head Quarters in Doha, Qatar. You will cover consumer, corporate and global impact communications, reputation and crisis management.
You will be an expert in your field with the ability to develop and deliver communications strategies and campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic direction.
Through your line management responsibilities and on-the-job training, you will develop the skills and expertise of more junior colleagues and help to cultivate a culture of continuous learning through your interest in new techniques and best practice observed across the industry.
- To originate new retained corporate briefs – this could be integrated or discipline specific briefs (e.g. consumer and corporate communications etc).
- To provide senior counsel and strategic advice to clients.
- To lead in the development of creative communications strategies for diverse clients and issues, ensuring their successful delivery.
- To lead large and complex pieces of client work and to develop a portfolio of approximately £1m per annum.
- Support the growth and development of the Doha team through high quality line management, identifying growth opportunities and taking an active role in marketing activities.
- To run profitable accounts which deliver high quality work for clients.
- Build internal and external networks with colleagues, opinion leaders, journalists, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have at least 8-10 years’ experience, gained in an agency environment or through leading a busy in-house team.
- Have strong knowledge of, and interest in, the Middle East communications and political landscape.
- Be a commercial self-starter with a broad corporate communications or agency background.
- Have significant consultancy and client management experience.
- Have proven ability to build relationships and spot opportunities.
- Ambitious and enjoys working with clever people in a growing consultancy.
- Arabic language capabilities are a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience of leading high-profile accounts and used to managing large accounts of c£250k.
- Has the credibility to earn the respect of peers and team members. The gravitas to operate at the most senior level.
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.