Corporate Communications Officer
We’re looking for a multi-skilled communications professional who is keen to use their skills on comms that count.
As a key member of our small, dynamic in-house team, you’ll be taking on a role that’s full of autonomy and variety, which will give you loads of opportunity to put your creative, management and client-handling skills into practice.
Used to working at a fast pace, you’ll be equally comfortable responding to media enquiries on our news-desk, working alongside senior officers to plan campaigns, designing eye-catching content for our social-media channels or drafting clear and compelling internal comms.
To succeed in this challenging but rewarding role, you’ll need:
- Top-notch copywriting skills across online and off-line channels
- Extensive media relations experience – ideally including some reputation risk management
- The skills to plan and execute campaigns and evaluate their success
- Basic skills in InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro would be a plus, but we’ll train you if necessary
Working for us you’ll get support from a friendly and talented team, the flexibility to work from home or any of our locations up to three days a week, development through our team knowledge-sharing sessions and the satisfaction of working on projects that matter to people’s lives. In return we expect:
- An honours degree and (ideally) a recognised marketing communications qualification (CIM, CIPR or equivalent)
- A passion for public sector communications, with evidence of continuous professional development
- A results-driven, “can-do” attitude
- Someone who shares our values of providing a service with compassion, inspiration and courage
This job is offered as a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, to cover maternity leave. The post is based at North Yorkshire Police HQ at Northallerton, but with flexible working up to 3 days per week.
Closing date for applications: 9am on 8 April 2019
Assessment centre: 16 April in Northallerton
For an application pack visit: https://northyorkshire.police.uk/corpcommsofficer