Are you an experienced press officer or journalist who would love the challenges involved in working for a busy national organisation? If you fancy offering media and PR advice to Acas’ top officials on reactive breaking stories and dealing with proactive PR campaigns then please read on!
Acas are workplace experts. We are well-known for dealing with large scale workplace disputes such as the junior doctors’ dispute or the London Underground dispute but we also provide trusted guidance and best practice services to both employers and employees to help businesses flourish.
Our guidance ranges from advice on zero hours contracts, how to deal with workplace bullying or the basics around workplace rights. Our services reach millions of people annually. We have over 800 staff based in 11 regional offices with a head office in central London.
If you value autonomy and control in a job and love to see your own creative ideas in action then the friendly communications team at Acas could be the right match for you.
If you get the job then you’ll be based in central London five days a week, working closely with colleagues in social media, marketing and internal communications.
- Promoting Acas stories to the media
- Help to deliver a high quality reactive media handling service including regular monitoring of news stories, dealing with media queries and interview bids; contributing to and taking part in the out-of-hours duty rota.
- Advising and supporting regional colleagues on best practice in PR
- Creating and delivering effective external campaigns and evaluating results.
- Provide necessary additional support to the Senior Media Manager as required
- Coordinating the communication planning grid
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Experience of working as a press officer or journalist
- Experience of writing press notices, press statements, lines to take and press packs and ensuring suitability for intended audience
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Experience of evaluating work to report back on activity, and co-ordinating and producing reports against success criteria
- Self-starter who can work independently and prioritise and deliver to short deadlines in a busy work environment
- Experience of dealing with journalists and proactively selling in stories to the media
- Experience of advising senior officials on PR
- Experience of briefing officials on reactive media handling and interview bids
- Experience of producing a communications or media plan
- Experience of advising colleagues on an audience focused approach to communication including the best channels to reach people and how to identify key messages
- Experience of collaborating with different communication disciplines on campaign planning
- Experience of using press distribution and media database systems e.g. Gorkana or Precise
- Experience of handling social media channels and writing content for social media
- Experience of working with a planning grid
Please click 'Apply Now' to view the full job specification and to find out how to apply.
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Press / Media Relations Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Government Senior Press Officer Press / Media Relations Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Press / Media Relations Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Professional Services Senior Press Officer Press / Media Relations Full Time jobs in London (Greater)