Head of Digital Marketing
We’re looking for a Head of Digital Marketing with exceptional skills in digital marketing techniques to help us promote our research and extend our audience in the UK and abroad.
The new role of Head of Marketing will play a key role in the growth of the Institute for Government, one of the UK’s best known and most influential think tanks. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Head of Marketing will work closely with colleagues at all levels of seniority in the research and communications teams.
The key challenge will be to attract more people to the Institute’s work, and to devise ways of communicating directly with them. The Head of Digital Marketing will work closely with the research team at all levels to shape our social media strategy and the way we promote our work through public events and website. It will involve determining the different interests of our audience, managing the database of our contacts, and working with website developers and customer relationship management (CRM) management systems.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in marketing, in drawing up a marketing strategy and in achieving those goals. He or she will have a track record of successfully building an audience or customer base of an organisation and of managing the costs of doing so. We expect the candidate to have shown innovation, enterprise and an ability to work fast and independently to explore new techniques and determine the most successful. The candidate will be alert to rapidly developing techniques in social media and marketing generally and will have a keen sense of how the Institute can best use social media. He or she will have the confidence and interpersonal skills to communicate well at senior levels inside and outside the Institute for Government. He or she will be interested in the Institute’s work and understand its appeal to many different groups of people, as well as be able to represent its character well in social media and other marketing.
- Devise a strategy for building our audience, working with the Director, Deputy Director, and Director of Communications and Marketing
- Work with the communications and research teams to maximise the appeal of the website including suggesting new content
- Help shape the social media strategy to expand our reach, identifying key target groups in the UK and beyond
- Devise ways to persuade website visitors to enable us to communicate with them
- Devise a strategy for that communication
- Devise ways of identifying readers’ interests; incorporate that in the CRM system
- Take responsibility for GDPR for marketing database and website
- Manage main relationships with agencies for CRM and website support and design
- Manage marketing budget with Director of Finance.