Head of Communications - £100k+ +equity + bonus +bens
This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Communications or senior communications professional with around 15-20 years experience to join a very fast growth and innovative company in an industry going through massive change. In this role you will be tasked with devising and delivering the external communications strategy, leading engaging campaigns with creative flair whilst maintaining a strategic perspective to develop the brand and company reputation.
About the company
This fascinating independent company is in the utilities space, offering an environmentally friendly product / service to already 3% of the entire country and has been very much in the news not just because of what it does but also due to how the company has grown, led by charismatic founders and by taking a brand-led, technology-led approach.
They are now 200-strong with a lively culture, offering big-company benefits including pension, equity, bonuses and training packages to ensure their employees develop alongside the business.
This will be the first role of its kind employed by the company and as such the hired candidate will have carte blanche to use their senior expertise to create the comms model that best suits the business needs now and in the future.
- Set the communications strategy
- Build on and develop a proactive PR strategy aimed at building reputation and securing coverage in consumer media
- Build, maintain and grow relationships with media contacts
- Create compelling content for press releases, statements and more by identifying opportunities for stories and case studies
- Develop a company standard of PR best-practice setting KPIs to showcase the impact of the communications strategy
- Manage media during issues and crises by anticipating, planning, preparing and being the champion of brand reputation
- Part of the senior leadership team evaluating opportunities such as international development
- Become the key company point of contact for any internal PR/media queries.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties and current PR agency
- Work alongside our Growth team to successfully launch new products through communications
- Work alongside our Head of Risk & Regulatory on strategic stakeholder engagement and policy work
They want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Be an experienced PR and communications professional with previous responsibility for an in-house PR function - client side experience is pretty much a vital requirement
- Have substantial experience of planning and executing successful PR strategies with quantifiable ROI
- Have strong relationships with senior news journalists / editors
- Be well versed in effective reputation management.
- A strategic thinker, you ask questions, track results, and strive to achieve business goals.
- An innovative and creative communications professional with experience of producing engaging and insightful content across multiple channels.
- A strong verbal communicator, you are a naturally confident spokesperson with an ability to build lasting relationships internally and externally.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that triggers learning over no decision at all.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit
Get in touch today with your cv, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org / follow all our jobs @utterclub
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Managing Director / Chairman / CEO Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Consumer Managing Director / Chairman / CEO Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Environmental Managing Director / Chairman / CEO Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Technology Managing Director / Chairman / CEO Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Utilities Managing Director / Chairman / CEO Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)